Why take SwimSafer Stage 1?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer 1?
Entries & Exits
- Slide-in entry
- Exit using ladder and from pool edge
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Front float (mushroom or jellyfish), 5 sec, recover to standing-position
- Back float, 5 sec, recover to a standing position
- Submerge in waist deep water, open eyes and blow bubbles
Swimming Movements & Strokes
- Movement on front 10m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
- Movement on back 5m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
Survival & Activity Skills
- Signal distress
- Grasp a flotation aid and float for 10 seconds
- Move to the pool’s edge (with the float)
- Exit safely from water (dressed in swimwear, shorts, and t-shirt)
- Dressed in swimwear, shorts, and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Correctly fit a PFD, jump into the water, float for 30 seconds and then climb out of deep water"
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer 1 conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.