Why take SwimSafer Silver?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer Silver?
Entries & Exits
- Dive entry (crouching)
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Backward somersault in the water
- Scull, float or tread whilst putting on a PFD in water (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills)
- In at least 1.4m deep water, perform feet-first surface dive, swim through hoops on pool bottom for 3m
Swimming Movements & Strokes
- 50m Front Crawl (within 1:30 min)
- 50m Breaststroke (within 1:50 min)
- 50m Backstroke (within 1:40 min)
- 25m Survival Backstroke
- 25m Sidestroke
- Dolphin kick 10m on front
Survival & Activity Skills
Dressed in swimwear, long pants and t-shirt demonstrate the following sequence:
- Enter deep water using a straddle jump
- Perform a backward somersault
- Submerge using feet first surface dive,
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 3m and resurface
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl
- Wave and call for help (rescuer to throw PFD)
- Retrieve a PFD in water and fit it while treading water
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique for 30 sec
- Then swim 25m with PFD and climb out of the water
- Throw a PFD to a partner 3m away and instruct the partner to kick to the edge
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer Silver conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.
What's next after completing SwimSafer Silver?
How to sign up for Swimsafer Silver?
Take SwimSafer today! Simply select your preferred day and time below.
When would you like to start?
Swimming Lessons - Home Query
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? We are here to help.
Chat with us via whatsapp, messenger or email if you have any enquiries.
Terms and Conditions
You are required to declare any medical conditions that you have or have had in the past. The school has the right to withdraw your enrolment if regarded medically unsuitable for the programme.