Why take SwimSafer Stage 2?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer 2?
Entries & Exits
- Step-in entry
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Front float (mushroom or jellyfish), 10 sec
- Swim 5m on front, rollover
- Back float, 10 sec
- Swim 5m on back
- Scull, float or tread for 30 sec (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills)
- Search for and recover an object in chest deep (student’s) water
Swimming Movements & Strokes
- Movement on front 25m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
- Movement on back 15m (alternating arms & legs and/or simultaneous arms and legs)
Survival & Activity Skills
- Scull, float or tread for 30 sec
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Swim 15m using any survival stroke
- Swim to pool edge and climb out
- Put on an appropriately sized PFD and jump into the water (at least 1.4m deep), swim 25m with PFD, then climb out of deep water.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer 2 conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.